Saturday, April 08, 2006

'Death of a Disco Grocery Bag'

Had my own little 'American Beauty' moment today. If you've seen the movie, a character videotapes a magical moment when a white grocery bag dances gracefully on the wind. Well the world faded away for a few moments today as I took a short video of a white grocery bag (contact sheet below) as it floated on the wind just west of Lansdowne on Bloor.

Still from 'Death of a Disco Grocery Bag'
Bill Pocock, 2006

All was well for our Disco Grocery Bag until...the Red Car. Look closely at the photo below.
Still from 'Death of a Disco Grocery Bag'
Bill Pocock, 2006

The other guy who was watching (seen at left in the photo above) started howling with amusement after the bag was hit and carried away on the Red Car's bumper. We looked at each other, laughing, and gave it "two thumbs way up".

6 Comments:

Blogger Rob McCleary said...

A vintage Billy moment...HOW DO YOU DO IT, MAN??!!!

Consider the top photo by second selection for my collection.

I think you can post videos on the "Hello" thing they reference on the blog...but somehow the stills seem to work just as well, if not better...

2:28 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I REALLY like the stills in storytelling...sort of like a little time-lapse cartoon strip...MORE!!!!

2:35 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

I just look at that picture and start laughing.

You speak with the true spirit of Chuck.

Hey, buddy, what do you say we start a religion. What god does Chuck Worship? We would worship that god. Is Chuck that god's servant on earth.

Dare I say it?....

Is Chuck the new prophet?

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

I've uploaded still sfrom Hello...

Thanks for the tip.

I'm gonna check on the video bit. I could even show 'Gourmet Puppy'....

5:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill - I'm really enjoying your artwork. The blue in the paper bag story was amazing. I feel like I can't express appropriately what I feel - all sound corny.

Shannon.

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Thanks, Shannon.

By the way, a number of (mostly women) people have Asked Art Slob about seeing the 'Death of a Disco Grocery Bag' video.

I'm afraid the only way is for you to come down to my Swinging Bachelor Pad and see it in person.

Red or White?...

8:22 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites