Friday, April 07, 2006

Steve Austin


Ms. X passed along a fantastic link to a 6 Million Dollar Man memories website at FeelingRetro.

Here's the memory I posted:
My brother and I used to completely abuse his GI Joe doll with stunts, blowing up, burning, crushing.

Then I came across the first Steve Austin doll a buddy of mine had. I held it with such reverence, fearful that I might drop it. I looked through his telescope bionic eye, I rolled up his fake arm skin to reveal the bionics underneath.

For a while in my twenties I wanted Steve Austin as a nickname (until the WWF guy ruined everything). Fool, there's only one Steve Austin!

2 Comments:

Blogger Cinesonic said...

I wonder how much those Starsky and Hutch action figures are worth these days? I wish I had a Steve Austin action figure but back in the day girls weren't allowed to play with action figures....

8:22 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

It's a dear price we pay, living by 'their' rules.

10:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites