Tuesday, October 10, 2006

First Thursday Reportage

Godfather of art gallery photojournalism, Alan Bamberger, over at San Fran's www.artbusiness.com did a really neat thing. He let three (make that four) photojournalists loose on San Fran's First Thursday (Sept. 7, 2006) and posted their journals.

Neat for me to look at how the various journos represented the events. Each has their own style. {Click on hyperimages to view their journals}.

Rene and Brad take time to drink the wine
and shoot many photos.

A good time all the time. A sample of their words...
Brad - Very nice folks at Dolby Chadwick. The gallery gal, Kate, served us up very nice whites and she was so pretty and nice. Then the artist was giving an artist talk and we were talking louder than he was and I think it might have been kind of rude of us but then I though eff it... they can blame Bamberger cause it's time to get hammered on his dime!

Rene - The artist was nice enough to enlighten people about his new work, and why thing's were placed where they were. He actually used stuff from his kids. Cool. Oh yeah Kate rules.


Sandip is more theorist than focused for
one or two photos.Sandip's $5 words confuse me.


Josefina is direct enthusiasm with her comments
and one or two photos per opening.

Fun stuff. Tough to get those non-flash photos in focus!


11 Comments:

Blogger Rob McCleary said...

Glad to see you're blogging again, Billy. I gave up on my own blog - it's really tough coming up with stuff you think might be of any interest - I always feel more comfortable commenting on yours - I'll stay in the Peanut Gallery...

3:31 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

I prefer the Peanut Gallery myself.

4:50 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I like being your second bananna!

5:11 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

RA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA!!!!!!!!!!!

5:12 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Now I drink the glass of water with streams pouring outta me.

5:33 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

YYYyyyeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!

5:48 p.m.  
Blogger Cinesonic said...

You guys are hilarious, and should join forces and start co-publishing a SUPERBLOG!

6:16 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

'SuperSlob'

12:29 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I get too much pleasure from being the William B to Bill's Sammy. Although I have been toying with the "Superjam" blog - who's in??!!!...Don't leave me hanging, beautiful people!!!!

5:05 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

It came to me in a flash: "Team Clusterfuck"!!! We could get matching T-shirts and everything!!!

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Rob, I'm trying to run a family art blog here.

That is, when not showing explicit sex photos....

8:17 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites