Friday, March 24, 2006

Gallery Crawl Teaser

One of my hobbies is to photograph Toronto art gallery receptions. I hope to show these photos on my www.gallerycrawl.ca website as soon as I can figure out that darn web technology.

Here's a Gallery Crawl teaser of one gallery reception with original art prints.

Open Studio Gallery (401 Richmond St. W. #104, Toronto)
Feb. 9, 2006
Artist(s): Jerome Fortin, Lotti Thomas, Linda Kristin
Show: Prints
Notes: "Open Studio is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to the production, promotion and preservation of contemporary original fine art prints. Incorporated in 1971, Open Studio is a comprehensive artist-run centre providing multi-faceted services, programs and information to artists and the general public...."







These two prints are lithographs. The limestone (centre) is used to make a negative image for the print. A print is then made when ink is applied to the stone and pressed against paper.


Artist Lotti Thomas at her lithograph press.

Thanks for the tour, Lotti.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob McCleary said...

How much cash did Lotti drop on that machine?

Those are some cool pictures, Billy.

I really like the idea of being able to truck around an art gallery on my computer. Like seeing all the kids' stuff at Emily Carr last night.

I give it two thumbs up, way up...

1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Well, according to Lotti, that litho press is the only one of its kind in Toronto. It looks quite old in person.

I'm gonna do those gallery searches high, and I'm gonna do 'em hard.

1:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites