Friday, October 13, 2006

Being Manly

It's important for a man to be manly.

By 'manly' I mean all of the classical, ancient, Stoic virtues of manhood. Think Gary Cooper, Clark Gable or Black Elk.

I know there's been a lot of talk about how hard it is to be a woman. But, let me tell you, you don't want to know how hard it is to be a man. To be alone.

Manhood has been under attack for 30+ years and I'm sick of it. I'm saying enough is enough right here and now.

Some virtues of a man:
  • endurance
  • fairness
  • trust
  • plain talk
  • responsibility
It must be worth dying for. Everything else, for the man, is cocktail parties and meaningless crap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill Pocock said...

It's also important not to post blog entries when consuming alcohol.

"Worth dying for"? That's a bit much. Deciding what restraunt to eat in isn't a matter of life or death. Being 'a man' means "To be alone"? I do think I'm quite alone sometimes in my values. Though I'm never a lonely hypocrite.

So there's my drunken rant.

6:09 a.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I think cocktail parties are worth dying for...

4:58 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

...RA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-T-A- (CHANGES MAG)...TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA-TA....

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites