Saturday, December 23, 2006

Making Things

Having original thoughts, making things and putting them out there into the world for consideration is a tough gig. It can be very disheartening at times with a seemingly endless stream of efforts to no effect.

I'm working on a couple of big projects (taking all of my time) right now but can't bring myself to discuss them. Too many times I've mentioned something I'm giving all my heart to only for it to come to nothing. People for years will ask after that 'great project' and I'm forced to say it's come to nothing. Again and again. You get to the point where you don't say say anything at all.

What's point of saying, "Hell is other people?"

I'm going for a walk. I may be some time.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The less I care, the better.

Having a "people want to see you up to hope you fail" gig has got me expecting harsh, well meaning, deep(as possible no matter how shallow), etc, criticism.

And so, I have determined not to follow myself too closely.

If i followed my public career too much, I would end up sabotaging it, out of spite.

Jack

1:46 p.m.  
Blogger Bill P said...

Good words.

Thanks, Jack.

1:49 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

You're one of a kind, Mr. Bill. No one will ever REALLY know what's in your mind and plans, or ever fully understand your experience of life. Just remember that your friends appreciate (and love) you for who you are, not what you do (good or bad).

8:10 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

...and in tribute to Mr. Bill I've decided to get puke-drunk on Talisker and half a Cuban!!! RATATATATATATATATATAT!!!!! (looking into Vancouver Christmas Eve night on back porch gazing out at lights on Cypress Mountain).

8:17 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

a sequence I know only you can truly appreciate...

8:24 p.m.  
Blogger Bill P said...

Sounds pretty good, Rob.

Sign me up!

11:13 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Which might be the reason of alcohol&drugs&artistic creation. It is sometimes easier to not give a fuck about what other people think when we're drunk.
It worked well with me today, as I my band gave our first concert.

4:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites