Friday, March 24, 2006

'Tunnel of Love' series

Dear reader, would you be so kind...as to type your personal 'top' and 'bottom' rank for this bakery-fresh series, 'Tunnel of Love'?

In 'comments' type...

top: 'photo#'

bottom: 'photo#'


Especial thanks if you write your reason why. Help me out here, because I have no idea.


1


2


3


4


5


6

The midnight carwash would be a fine tunnel of love. Is it? The same youthful wonder of the carnival seems to linger in the automated car wash. My favourites are the ones with the towel ending. Y'know, the old-time car washes.

The best carwash/tunnels of love are the really long ones. I think our car culture needs to look to the carwash as cheap bordello. "Wanna got to the car wash?".

Soundtrack? 'Dance Me to the End of Love' by Leonard Cohen.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I like #2 the best - though I went between #2 and #5 a few times. For me it was the gold shiny on the metalic frame (of course balanced with the red sreamies). You have beatiful work Bill. I particulaily like your compositions with metal.

9:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I like #2 the best - though I went between #2 and #6 a few times. For me it was the gold shiny on the metalic frame (of course balanced with the red sreamies). You have beatiful work Bill. I particulaily like your compositions with metal.

9:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two comments (now 3) - only because I am a luddite. Tried to correct my post and only ended up posting again. It's like me, only fractionalized while trying to achieve perfection.

9:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to take out the second comment until I read the third. I love it. Thanks, Shannon!

8:08 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Yes, it's time to declare myself to the world. I, Bill, am 'anonymous'! Ha ha ha haaaaa!

8:12 a.m.  
Blogger Cinesonic said...

I like photo 1 best I think. Just like the whole composition of it sort of mysterious, also quite like the play of the light and shadow within the metal framework, nice depth and detail.

2:43 p.m.  
Blogger Cinesonic said...

bottom: #3
Just a bit too dark for me to have such a narrow frame, not enough going on for my taste.

2:51 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites