Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Easy Flyer

I've done some clay modeling the last couple of days, trying to find an aerodynamic form. I came up with this one, below.

As the form emerged I realized that I'd seen it before, thousands of times. It's amazing the things you can come up with, letting your hands go.

Ever watch a small bird fly? When the bird wants to 'take it easy' it'll flap wings a bunch of times then tuck the wings in tight to glide through the air. This is the form in clay.

I idolize the Inuit soapstone carvers and their connection with wildlife through generations of sculpture. This is the as close as I've come - by accident.

Yea!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites