Tuesday, April 11, 2006

e3D

I'm enjoying the virtual aspect of this channel. But a madness gripped me for a moment or two as I tried to imagine doing 3D sculptures on the computer. Then I realized the absurdity, not of e3D creation itself, but for an essentially material world sculptor to make that conceptual jump.

"Work Gnomes" Bill Pocock, 2005

When I was in the ThinkTank one of my lines was, "If it isn't virtual it doesn't exist". But that's completely standardized thinking, and the brainwash you spoon people for necessary conditioning in a corporate environment. At least that's the theory. The sensuousness of physical, non-standardized objects is, rather, my bag. Lemme see, what are the sensuous, non-standardized things in my life?...

I was going to paint those 'work gnomes' with either green or blue gowns and red hats, but I don't think so now. Bleached is best, or maybe dirty cream. Marzipan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites