Monday, August 21, 2006

Rat Pack Santa

I've seen this guy pushing his shopping cart of stuffed toys down the street a couple times now. I think he may sell them - or give them away. A mystery. Such mystery. I see this image and want to make art. An example of my inspiration. Here the muse adopts a clever disquise. I like the shape and associations of the sidewalk shadow. I love this picture.

I think buddy's got a good thing going. Flat hat, Elvis shades, white beard, the white t-shirt gut. Maybe a bit too low-key, though. Where's the salesmanship? How about singin' and dancing Elvis' 'Teddy Bear' like a classic fruit cart guy down the street. Sort of a "I don't care what happens next!" kinda vibe.

I look at the guy and say to myself, "I just hope I don't end up like that". But, maybe he's got it all figured out. Maybe he could sing Lennon's 'Watching the Wheels'.

People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing,
Well they give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin,
When I say that I'm o.k. they look at me kind of strange,
Surely your not happy now you no longer play the game,

People say I'm lazy dreaming my life away,
Well they give me all kinds of advice designed to enlighten me,
When I tell that I'm doing Fine watching shadows on the wall,
Don't you miss the big time boy you're no longer on the ball?

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go,

People asking questions lost in confusion,
Well I tell them there's no problem,
Only solutions,
Well they shake their heads and they look at me as if I've lost my mind,
I tell them there's no hurry...
I'm just sitting here doing time,

I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round,
I really love to watch them roll,
No longer riding on the merry-go-round,
I just had to let it go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites