Saturday, December 30, 2006

Tuco, The Cat

Once Upon a Time I cat sat for 6 months. A gravy job, let me tell you. I sketched a loosey-goosey book of line drawings of Tuco, the cat. Cats are great subjects to draw. And Tuco's a fun cat, fab-u-lous cat.

The last few days I've scanned photocopies of the original. Bless Photoshop for the ability to clean up a lot of dirt, etc from the page. Still at 200+ pages, it's quite the cleanup job. I do about 10 pages/hour.

Whatever happens to the final PDF document, it's nice to have a digital record as paper gets lost and damaged - as I've already found.

5 Comments:

Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I be digging Tuco, Big TIME!

8:01 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

What adventures does Tuco get up to? Does he solve crimes? Or is his super power helping the work day go faster?

8:03 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I WANT MORE TUCO!!!

8:05 p.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

Shannon says: "I like your kitty a lot...can we have it? Can we pet it?"

8:12 p.m.  
Blogger Bill P said...

Funny stuff.

The drawing you see on the cover was the last and only one I did without actually looking at Tuco. Guess it's a sum-up of my idea of Tuco after many many drawings. It's quite in character, actually. No one drawing looks the same - for good or bad.

Yes, Tuco did get into some adventures. I'm contemplating putting the story down alongside the sketches. It would be a nice momento if nothing else.

3:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites