Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Blogging Andy Warhol


'Warhol of America' Bill Pocock, 2006

I check in once in a while over at I Blogged Andy Warhol to read the diary entries of the man. Here's a funny installment from when Andy went to a Hollywood party. Andy & Co. was in town to promote his Roger Corman production of 'Bad' (rated 'X' because a baby was thrown out a window):
"Fred and I went back to the hotel to get ready for Sue Mengers’s dinner party in Bel Air. Picked up Diana. Ryan and Tatum were at Sue’s, and Barbra Streisand and Jon Peters. Diana went over and told Barbra off about something. Candy Bergen and Roman Polanski were there. It was a party for Sidney Lumet. He hates me and his wife Gail doesn’t know whether she does or not, but she follows what her husband does so she’s cold. Sidney runs around kissing everybody and then stops when he gets to me. Film directors used to be such macho guys, and now they’re these little fairy-type guys running around French-style double-kissing but still thinking they’re macho." - Andy Warhol (Friday, March 25, 1977, Beverly Hills, CA)
Does 'fairy' mean Sidney Lumet was homosexual? Nah, Andy means Sidney resembles a mythical faerie. Like this...

12 Comments:

Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:12 a.m.  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

I think the blog documenting Warhol's diary entries was brilliant. Enjoyed reading them very much. Trust 'em to come up with such an idea (and thanks for spreading the word).

As for e3D, I still prefer to touch and feel. I think it's important not to forget things that matter while embracing the wonders of technology.

The pharmaceutical propaganda: hell I've attended quite a few of their conferences in my line of work (conferences because they are not legally allowed to advertise). The last was peddling an oral medication that purports to make you beautiful and sterile (until the pills run out). I shudder to think what they will come up with next.

PS: Love your comments on my blog. Keep 'em coming :)

7:18 a.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

Beautiful and sterile? Where do I sign up?

Mr. Bill,

Was sitting having my morning coffee, looking through Dose magazine - they've got a section where they publish photos...

http://toronto.dose.ca/webx/Blogs/As%20Seen%20In%20the%20City/

I don't know if you'd be interested at all, but I would personally love to see one of your pictures in there...and they seem to be in tune with your subject matter.

Don't make me beg...

8:34 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Nah.

9:11 a.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

Ok...(getting down on one knee)...
please, please, please, please, please, please, please (breath) please, please, please, please, please...(bite of sandwich) please, please, please...HOW DARE YOU DENY ME THIS SIMPLE PLEASURE!!! (recovering)...I mean, please?

9:26 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Art Slob is not amused.

Why are you doing this?

9:33 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

I'm only one slob. This is all I can afford to give in time right now.

Thanks for the compliment, Rob.

9:36 a.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

I can only offer you sullen silence in response...

9:38 a.m.  
Blogger Bill Pocock said...

Now I'm laughing.

9:39 a.m.  
Blogger Rob McCleary said...

...and double-barreled, blazing, Chuck inspired, MACHINE GUN FIRE!!!!

RATATATATATATATATA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10:24 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you talking about Chuck Norris? Did you know that there are no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq? No foolin'. Chuck Norris lives in Oklahoma! True fact.

1:43 p.m.  
Blogger Amelia Earhart said...

Rob, it's only for ladies.

Have a good break, Bill.

9:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License. Add to Technorati Favorites